Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Average Cost of Sugar Gliders

A single glider can cost anywhere between $100 - $500 and it's extremely important to have 2 more. Bird cages are the best cages to buy, sticks are better than shelves because in the wild Gliders glide tree to tree, sometimes they never even touch the ground. Cages need to be AT LEAST 36 inches tall (once you see a glider play you'll understand)

Petsmart sells glider pellets for around $12

Yogurt drops can be order online for just a few dollars. Yogurt is one of their favorite treats.

Bird toys are great for sugar gliders and can be anywhere from a couple dollars to $20 or $30

Gliders also need a water bottle, which more than likely won't come with a bird cage. They average $5 - $10

They also need a fleece bag to sleep in, one that resembles a pouch is best. I bought mine for $10.

They need a wheel which can vary in price from $8 - $20.

A bonding bag is optional but a great thing to have. Bonding bags allow you to take your gliders with you. I've taken my gliders to doctor appointments, restaurants, stores, you name it.

Gliders are very healthy, hearty animals. They don't need any shots like cats or dogs do and it's rare they ever need to see a vet.

I bought Luna, my first glider for $250 and got a few freebies with her, I bought a huge cage for $40, a water bottle ($8), a wheel ($10), bonding bag ($10), and a toy ($12). I got my second glider, Stella, a few weeks later for $200.

My total:
250+40+8+12+200= $530

While it is expensive to buy sugar gliders it is a one time only expense, they are cheap pets to keep and definitely worth the price.

My cage set up:

No comments:

Post a Comment