Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Item Review

Proplan Cat food
Weight Management: ★★★☆☆
Urinary Tract: ★★★☆☆

I'm switching from Purina's Proplan food too Merrick for my cats. Purina is an all around bad brand that kills a lot of animals. Proplan is one of their better foods but I still don't trust it. My two rescue cats were being fed Proplan when I adopted them. One of them is in love with Proplan, if I tried to feed him something else he would just cry and cry.

I adopted Tabatha already very fat and I've been trying to get her to lose weight. Nelson is perfectly healthy and would eat anything so I put him on this food as well. I didn't notice any change with this food. Tabatha didn't lose any weight, in fact, she actually gained a little.

One of my cats gets crystals in her bladder. She was on Science Diet C/D but it was expensive and the other cats were eating Proplan anyway so I switched Anny to Proplan Urinary Tract. Anny gets crystals in her bladder easily but she didn't get any with this food. Her coat wasn't as shiny and was slightly dull and brittle. She's still in great health but doesn't seem quiet right on this food. I gave it three stars because it prevented her from getting crystals. 

Proplan was an okay food but I don't want my cats eating it any longer. I'll review Merrick Cat food after they start eating it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment