Sunday, January 19, 2014

Item Review

HPW sugar glider diet
5/5

My first 2 sugar gliders were from a breeder and my other 2 are rescues. The breeder told me to feed the gliders vegetables one night and fruit the next and sprinkle a certain vitamin powder on top. She also told me that it was up to me if I wanted to give my gliders protein. She said that protien would make them smelly so I didn't give them protein. 

I did this for about a year and a half until I decided to give the HPW a try. Everything about this diet is great! 
I don't need to buy vitamin powder anymore
Feeding time is much easier
I save money in the long run
And my gliders love it!

I followed the recipie from the HPW Diet Center (link at bottom) but bought my HPW (high protein wombaroo powder) from Exotic Nutrition (link at bottom) because it was a little cheaper. 

This diet can be a little expensive. The HPW is about $11, bee pollen from GNC is $11-$17 and the fruit/veggie mixture costs about $30. But! the fruit/veg mixture and HPW mixture both last about a month. 

Feeding the gliders how I was before usually resulted in me throwing half of the fruits and vegetables that I had bought in the garbage because it got old or my gliders got tired of eating it. With this diet, all of the food gets eaten. 

The smallest bag of HPW from exotic nutrition comes with enough powder for 5 batches. Each batch has lasted me about a month with 4 gliders. The fruit and vegetable mixture also lasted about a month. The bee pollen I'm going to have for a VERY long time. 

At night when I feed my sugar babies all I need to do is defrost 10 TBSP of fruit/veg and add 1 TBSP HPW mixture to each bowl and I'm done! Everything is already cut and prepared. 

Prep takes about an 1 - 1 1/2 hours to wash and cut all the fruit and vegetables. 

My gliders eat this MUCH better then the diet they were on before. 
The bowl in the back is the HPW mix
The left bowl is the fruit and the right bowl is the vegetables. 
(I mix the fruit and veggies together I just didn't have a big enough bowl to do it in)
The fruit and vegetables mixed together and put in 7 one quart bags (I put them in a gallon bag the first time and everything turned into one solid brick)
 
(This was a modification of mixture 2 from   The HPW diet center based on what my gliders do and don't like)
Peaches and pears in place of mixed berries 
Zucchini and celery in place of green bell peppers 
Golden delicious apples in place of gala apples

No comments:

Post a Comment